Grapevine Magazine and GrapevineLIVE.co.uk are published by Musical Marketing, part of the Mansion House Publishing Group.
Ipswich Music Day takes place this year on Sunday 1st July in Christchurch Park. With six stages of live music this unique free festival is one of a kind. Grapevine Magazine has been there ever since the beginning, producing an IMD special edition of the magazine which has grown into a fully featured, free festival programme. More recently Grapevine has sponsored the acoustic stage and will do so once again in 2018.
The event is organised by Ipswich Borough Council and for your chance to take part and play on one of the stages you will need to fill in their application form which can be found here. (Yes, Grapevine host our own stage but you still need to go through the council’s application process.)
All of the applications will be reviewed, and a selection committee will meet to decide which of the applicants have made it from the many hundreds who apply.
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 3pm MONDAY 26 MARCH
If you are thinking of entering here are a few Grapevine tips:
- Keep Sunday 1st July free – pretty obvious I know!
- Apply early – it won’t affect your chances but you don’t want to forget to apply!
- Include a stonking good image to promote yourself or your band.
- Your video promo should be well lit, steady and above all the sound should be spot on.
- Your bio should make the committee want to read it, tell them why they should consider you for a stage spot
- Make sure your links are not to services where you need to be logged in to view – for example Facebook.