Grapevine Magazine and GrapevineLIVE.co.uk are published by Musical Marketing, part of the Mansion House Publishing Group.
Will Young: New Single, New Album, New Tour in October…
Including dates in Ipswich and Southend.
UK pop icon Will Young releases brand new single ‘All The Songs’ today, the first track to be heard from his long awaited seventh album Lexicon set for release on June 14. ‘All The Songs’ arrives with an incredible, agenda-setting video directed by the legendary fashion photographer and director Rankin.
An upbeat, piano-led, dancefloor-tilted heartbreak anthem, ‘All The Songs’ serves as the perfect introduction to an album built around the joy of pop music, “I always say that there’s no point in doing it if it’s not joyous. That’s been my motto: do it the way you want to do it.” A motto to live by…..
The joyfulness around the making of Lexicon lit a real spark of creativity for Young and in some ways the album provides a sense of new beginnings, his first release on the independent label Cooking Vinyl has given Young a sense of liberation and freedom; Lexicon was created partly by reuniting with the team behind his 2011 album Echoes, including producers and songwriters Richard X, Jim Eliot and Mima Stilwell, and also by teaming up with the likes of Eg White (Adele, Florence + The Machine), amazing new talent Boy Matthews (ZAYN, Duke Dumont), Danny Shah (David Guetta, Kylie Minogue) and Tom Walker.
The 40 year old South London local hasn’t spent the time between albums twiddling his thumbs.
Young has been working as an active and vocal campaigner for the LGBTQ movement, including the promotion of all inclusive children’s books on Cbeebies, the second season of his hugely popular LGBT podcast Homo Sapiens, that he co-created and co-presents with filmmaker and friend Chris Sweeney is now out and he’s already booked live dates across the summer, playing Tom Kerridge’s Pub In The Park events, a celebration of the best food and music the country has to offer, as well as at Gloucestershire’s Party at The Castle and Leicester Racecourse.
Will also confirms a huge 21 date UK tour, kicking off this October. Starting at Torquay’s Princess Theatre and culminating at Blackpool’s Opera House, and includes London’s historic Eventim Apollo. Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday 29th March, but fans that pre-order the album from the Will Young Official Store will be able to access the tour ticket pre-sale from 9am on Wednesday 27th March.
Will Young has spent the last two decades at the forefront of pop after bursting onto the scene in 2002. His expansive career has culminated in four #1 and two #2 chart topping albums, two BRIT Awards and four UK number one singles.
Preorder the album from Will’s official store for access to the tour pre-sale on Wed 27th March.
See Will Young live in 2019:
Tuesday 1st Oct – Princess Theatre, Torquay
- Wednesday 2nd Oct – Pavilions, Plymouth
- Friday 4th Oct – Symphony Hall, Birmingham
- Saturday 5th Oct – Regent, Ipswich (on general sale Friday 29th March at 9am from the venue)
- Sunday 6th Oct – Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
- Tuesday 8th Oct – St Davids Hall, Cardiff
- Wednesday 9th Oct – Brighton Centre, Brighton
- Friday 11th Oct – Eventim Apollo, London
- Saturday 12th Oct – Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth
- Monday 14th Oct – New Theatre, Oxford
- Tuesday 15th Oct – Guildhall, Portsmouth
- Thursday 17th Oct – Liverpool Philharmonic, Liverpool
- Friday 18th Oct – Apollo, Manchester
- Sunday 20th Oct – Barbican, York
- Monday 21st Oct – Bonus Arena, Hull
- Tuesday 22nd Oct – Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- Thursday 24th Oct – City Hall, Sheffield
- Friday 25th Oct – Armadillo, Glasgow
- Saturday 26th Oct – Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Monday 28th Oct – City Hall, Newcastle
- Tuesday 29th Oct – Opera House, Blackpool
- Sunday 2nd June – Roundhay Park, Leeds – Pub In The Park
- Friday 7th June – Sudeley Castle, Gloucestershire – Party at the Castle
- Sunday 9th June – The Lambing Shed Park, Knutsford – Pub In The Park
- Sunday 23rd June – Royal Victoria Park, Bath – Pub In The Park
- Saturday 6th July – Racecourse, Leicester
- Sunday 7th July – St Nicholas Park, Warwick – Pub In The Park
- Sunday 14th July – Dunorlan Park, Tunbridge Wells – Pub In The Park
- Sunday 15th September – Verulamium Park, St Albans – Pub In The Park