Could This be the Death of the Live Stream?
The Magic Gang celebrate Friday’s release of their eagerly anticipated second album ‘Death of the Party’ with a special live stream and phone-in. ‘Death of the Live Stream’ offers a fun and creative twist on the live stream format, and will stream via YouTube Live and Facebook Live from 5pm to midnight on September 2nd.
The event will feature performances from both The Magic Gang and some special guests, alongside a phone-in that gives fans the opportunity to speak directly to the band. And to cap it all, The Magic Gang will also be hosting a live karaoke session.
The Magic Gang will be joined on the night by their friend and co-host Rory Marshall. Meanwhile, special guests will include Alan Power, Felix White (YALA! Records / The Maccabees), Cavan McCarthy (Swim Deep), Fred Macpherson (Spector), Lucy Hatter (Kagoule), Justin Young (The Vaccines) and Sports Team. There will also be a step back in time with a tribute act performing songs from rock ‘n’ roll’s original sad boy, Roy Orbison.
Remember when everybody and their dog was live streaming at the start of lockdown? Live streams have well and truly died a death, but we thought we’d send them off in style. This really is the death of the live stream, a load of friends trying to fill seven hours with karaoke, chat and most importantly, taking calls from fans and trying to flog them our album.The Magic Gang
The Magic Gang’s recent tracks have earned widespread airplay. Lead single ‘Think’ gained Radio 1 support as Annie Mac’s Hottest Record in the World, while Jack Saunders subsequently named it as Tune of the Week. Further airplay also came from Matt Wilkinson at Beats 1 and John Kennedy at Radio X. ‘Take Back The Track’ was accompanied by an innovative lockdown-inspired video was playlisted at Radio 1. ‘Make Time For Change’ was also premiered on Radio 1 as Annie Mac’s Hottest Record ahead of the album’s final taster ‘(The World) Outside My Door’.
A selection of album bundles include collectible items such as a signed vinyl, a triple cassette format, a bonus CD, a signed art card, t-shirts, pins and patches plus a jigsaw and a mug.
The Magic Gang will commence a full headline tour in support of the album which commences next March. They will then hit the road for a tour as guests to Blossoms which includes three London shows and a huge gig at Manchester Arena.
- MARCH 2021
- 7th – Dublin, Academy 2
- 8th – Carlisle, Old Fire Station
- 9th – Liverpool, Arts Club
- 11th – Cardiff, Tramshed
- 12th – Birmingham, 02 Institute 2
- 13th – Gloucester, Guildhall
- 15th – Nottingham, Rock City
- 16th – Southampton, The 1865
- 17th – Brighton, Chalk
- 18th – London, EartH
- 19th – Norwich, Waterfront
- 20th – Sheffield, Leadmill
- 21st – Manchester, O2 Ritz
- 23rd – Newcastle, O2 Academy 1 (with Blossoms)
- 24th – Glasgow, O2 Academy (with Blossoms)
- 25th – Aberdeen, Lemon Tree
- 26th – Hull, Arena (with Blossoms)
- 27th – Leeds, O2 Academy (with Blossoms)
- 29th – London, O2 Forum Kentish Town (with Blossoms)
- 30th – London, O2 Forum Kentish Town (with Blossoms)
- 31st – London, O2 Forum Kentish Town (with Blossoms)
- APRIL 2021
- 1st – Oxford, O2 Academy
- 2nd – Birmingham, 02 Academy (with Blossoms)
- 3rd – Manchester, Arena (with Blossoms)
- MAY 2021
- 29th – Neighbourhood Weekender