Grapevine Magazine and GrapevineLIVE.co.uk are published by Musical Marketing, part of the Mansion House Publishing Group.
- This event has passed.
An Honest Gentleman
April 24 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm£12
Stuff of Dreams Theatre Company present
An Honest Gentleman
by Cordelia Spence & Tim Lane
A musical play about East Anglia’s very own Dick Turpin
Little is known of Thomas Easter except that he was born in Aylsham in Norfolk in 1715 and was hanged at Tyburn 24 years later. However, his life was packed with adventure and intrigue. From North Norfolk to Putney Heath, Easter plied his trade as a Gentleman of the Road, ‘raising contributions upon the public’ and, from the little that is known, he was a dashing and charming rogue. “I rob the rich to give to the poor.” Ultimately betrayed by an accomplice and comrade, he danced the hangman’s jig.
Stuff of Dreams will take you on a rollicking Georgian adventure as we delve into the life and times of the Highwaymen of the 18th Century. There will be lively story-telling, toe-tapping folk music and where facts are scarce there will be glorious embellishment!
The time listed is the door time and the performance will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £12 (* £10 students with ID, under 18s). Available online from our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (booking fee applies), or from the John Peel Centre Box Office on 01449 774678 (open 10am to 2pm weekdays).
Please note that this is a seated performance and seating is unallocated (though all with a good view).
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.