Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival
September 1 @ 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
With Nine Below Zero topping the bill and six other very different, but striking bands in the line-up, this will undoubtedly be a great festival and one live music event not to miss in Suffolk!
Nine Below Zero have earned themselves the reputation of being one of the best Blues bands around today. Back in the late 70s and early 80s, when the mod revival was at its height, the band offered an R&B antidote to the punk-pop of the mainstream. In the 80’s they became a familiar sight on seminal TV shows like The Old Grey Whistle Test, The South Band Show memorably performed ‘’11+11’’ on the very first episode of anarchic comedy hit The Young Ones. A new 8-Piece Big Band made its live debut on the Acoustic Stage at Glastonbury Festival 2016 and were met with open arms by the fans
Their 40th Anniversary Tour hits the road this year and is set to be a celebration of all things Nine Below Zero from the adrenaline rush of ‘Doghouse’ through to the soulful stomp of ‘Don’t Play That Song’ and new live favourites like ‘Ter Wit Ter Woo’…….audiences can expect a fearsome, supercharged set from start to finish!
The full line up is as follows:
· Nine Below Zero – what else is there to say!
· Zal Cleminson’s sin’dogs – Zal is widely respected for his work with The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and has gone on record to say that he is only now playing the best music he’s ever written and performed!
· Stevie Nimmo Trio – as one half of Scotland’s highly respected ‘Nimmo Brothers’, Stevie Nimmo has been a well known and respected figure throughout the blues and roots world for over 2 decades!
· Connor Selby Band – inspired by music in the 60’s citing Eric Clapton as his first and current major influence, putting particular emphasis on his output with John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and Cream!
· Mojo Preachers – are a five-piece, female fronted, boundary-pushing outfit, delivering hard-hitting original tunes; conjuring up a melodiously intricate, authentic yet unconventional sound!
. Lee Ainley’s Blues Storm – the unique vocal pairing of mother and daughter Lee and Tori Ainley, a band dedicated to entertaining audiences with a stunning selection of Blues infused grooves!
. Southbound – bringing an exclusive take on British Blues, audiences are enthralled by the unique sounds and grooves that the band create on stage which has helped to propel their career forward!
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone’s taste!
Early bird tickets £24
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.