Grapevine Magazine and GrapevineLIVE.co.uk are published by Musical Marketing, part of the Mansion House Publishing Group.
- This event has passed.
emerge: Lili Marlene, Goddammit Jeremiah, Salamander, Palomino Kings
May 24 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm£3
emerge is our local band night, showcasing exciting new local talent. Come along to support these talented artists and potentially see the international stars of the future!
“Worth supporting if you live locally, these emerge nights” – Steve Lamacq, BBC Radio 6 Music
Performing will be Lili Marlene, Goddammit Jeremiah, Salamander, and Palomino Kings (not necessarily in that order!)
Palomino Kings (formally Pillbox) are a Rock ‘n’ Roll band, performing Americana / Alt-folk songs with energy, grit and feeling. As featured on BBC Introducing. A dynamic rhythm section, atmospheric country bends, and hammond organ swells from the band underpin singer Gavin Bowern’s honest and heartfelt songwriting, dirty guitars, and emotive vocals.
Goddamnmit Jeremiah are a Cambridge based three-piece playing quirky, sweary punk about love and hate, pterodactyls and taxidermy. Tom Robinson recently described one of their songs as “absolutely irresistible” on Radio 6 music.
Lili Marlene are a Colchester based four piece playing competently slurred jangle. Formally Weatherwax, these indie lads will have you jumping riff after riff.
Salamander play all original rock music that is sometimes quite heavy, sometimes quite proggy, sometimes a bit of both. A four-piece spread across the east of England!
£3 entry on the door
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.