Finn Collinson Band
September 9 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm£6 – £8
THE FINN COLLINSON BAND – CALL TO MIND ALBUM LAUNCH TOUR
Finn Collinson is a recorder player and folk musician from East Anglia. Still in his early 20s, he is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of the foremost exponents of the recorder on the English folk scene, performing at folk clubs, venues and major festivals including The Sidmouth Folk Festival, Broadstairs Folk Week and FolkEast.
During the summer and autumn, Finn is embarking on a nationwide tour to launch his new album CALL TO MIND. Released in September 2019, the album is a diverse and creative exploration of the contemporary folk genre, with exciting and sensitive arrangements of traditional and contemporary tunes and songs. Captivating the listener from the first breath, the album showcases the recorder in new and exciting instrumental contexts, with beautifully reflective airs and vibrant tunes. Add to this the expressive tone of Finn’s vocals, his dynamic guitar style and the energy of a full band, the album takes you on an unexpected journey of musical storytelling.
Finn will be joined on-stage by his full band, featuring the powerful rhythm section of Jonno Gaze (drums, percussion) and Tom Leader (guitar, double bass) alongside strikingly distinctive oboe and vocals from Emma Beach.
With music that will make you both pause for reflection and dance in the aisles, an evening with Finn Collinson is sure to enthral audiences with its energy and diversity.
This gig has been produced with generous funding from an EATMT Ruddock Bursary.
“Finn is a talented musician who pushes the boundaries and conventions of his instrument” – Sam Kelly
“Finn writes beautifully compelling tunes – a lovely musician”
– Chris Leslie (Fairport Convention)
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.