Since the Government updated it’s guidance on outdoor performances we have seen a trickle of LIVE events announced. We would remind you that these events will have limited capacity, most will require pre-booking, and all will be enforcing social distancing. We are listing these live events but there are also a whole host of virtual gigs taking place too.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email [email protected] and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
A Live Stream with Armistead Maupin in Conversation with Ian McKellen
12th August 2020 – 13th August 2020
Join the bestselling, much-loved author and LGBTQ+ activist, Armistead Maupin, live on stage in a special one-off event, as he discusses his career with Ian McKellen. Maupin has been blazing a trail through US popular culture since the 1970’s, when his iconic and ground-breaking series Tales of the City was first published as a column in the San Francisco Chronicle.
The novel series has been taking the literary world by storm ever since and was recently adapted by Netflix into a critically acclaimed series, starring Laura Linney, Olympia Dukakis and Ellen Page.
Don’t miss the chance to join one of America’s greatest storytellers, as he recounts his favourite tales from the past four decades, offering his own engaging observations on society and the world we inhabit.
Ian McKellen is an actor and activist, who has received a multitude of international awards for his performances in the theatre, cinema and television. He has been an eloquent advocate for gay rights since he came out in 1988 and co-founded Stonewall, the charity which lobbies for legal and social equality for gay people. He was appointed Companion of Honour ‘for services to Drama and Equality’ in 2007.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.