Since the Government updated it’s guidance on outdoor performances we have seen a trickle of LIVE events announced. We would remind you that these events will have limited capacity, most will require pre-booking, and all will be enforcing social distancing. We are listing these live events but there are also a whole host of virtual gigs taking place too.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email [email protected] and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
A Live Stream with Brit Bennett
13th August 2020 – 14th August 2020
The Vignes twin sisters will always be identical. But after growing up together in a small, southern black community and running away at age sixteen, it’s not just the shape of their daily lives that is different as adults, it’s everything: their families, their communities, their racial identities. Separated by many miles and just as many lies, the fates of the twins remain intertwined despite the fact that they have chosen to live in two very different worlds –one black and one white.
Described by critics as ‘utterly mesmerising’, Brit Bennet’s The Vanishing Half has set itself as a standard bearer within modern discussions of race, community and identity. Now, for one exclusive evening, join Bennett in a very special live stream conversation with the novelist and short-story writer Irenosen Okojie, as she talks about her life, her writing, and exploring some of the multiple reasons and realms in which people sometimes feel pulled to live as something other than their origins. Bennett’s work has been featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times Magazine, The Paris Review, and Jezebel. She is one of the National Book Foundation’s 2016 5 Under 35 honourees.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.