Since the Government updated it’s guidance on outdoor performances we have seen a trickle of LIVE events announced. We would remind you that these events will have limited capacity, most will require pre-booking, and all will be enforcing social distancing. We are listing these live events but there are also a whole host of virtual gigs taking place too.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email [email protected] and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
A Live Stream with Sir Trevor McDonald
16th August 2020 – 17th August 2020
Sir Trevor McDonald has truly led ‘An Improbable Life’. Born and raised in Trinidad, he built a career in Britain, and spent his life travelling around the globe. It’s safe to say Sir Trevor is known, respected and admired the world over as one of the greatest broadcasters the UK has ever seen.
Join Sir Trevor in conversation with the writer Viv Groskop, for this exclusive online event, as he recounts his fascinating stories and anecdotes; from reporting in Johannesburg on Nelson Mandela’s release from imprisonment, through to his infamous interview with Saddam Hussein–he was the first and the only British broadcaster to have interviewed the infamous dictator.
An intimate and unmissable evening with Sir Trevor to hear what life on the front lines of reporting truly entails
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.