At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
- This Gig has passed.
A livestream with: Fatima Bhutto
1st November 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
This is a live streamed event delivered by Fane Online. For more information, please click here for frequently asked questions.
What does it mean to be a citizen? With nationalist politics on the rise around the world, what do we really mean when we speak of extremism? How are these narratives shaped by race and identity? In an age obsessed with “post-truth”, where do the true deceptions lie?
Fatima will deliver a speech originally written for the Sydney Writer’s Festival but never broadcast, reflecting on Islamophobia, Western Feminism and race. Fatima Bhutto is the bestselling author of Songs of Blood and Sword, a memoir about her father’s life and assassination, and the highly praised The Runaways, an unflinching and moving portrait of radicalism, belonging and Muslim identity.
Don’t miss this important and thought-provoking evening of live conversation.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.