At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
- This Gig has passed.
A Night In With Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu
21st January 2021 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
This is a live streamed event delivered by Fane Online. For more information, please click here for frequently asked questions.
In 2020, we have seen clearer than ever that Black people are still fighting for the right to be judged by the content of their character, and not the colour of their skin.
In her new book This Is Why I Resist, Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu demands change, action and a conscious revolution.
Join the activist and political commentator for the hard conversation we must have about racism and anti- blackness. Dr Shola will explore the deep roots of racism and anti-blackness in the UK and the US, showing us the different forms racism takes in our day-to-day lives and asking us to raise our voice to end the oppression. She’ll delve into subjects not often explored such as racial gatekeepers, white ingratitude, performative allyship (those black squares on Instagram), current identity politics and abuse of the Black trans community.
This is a courageous and challenging event, boldly speaking truth to power and aiming to shake the nation out of its slumber. Black Lives Matter and change is now. It’s time for a conscious revolution.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.