At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
- This Gig has passed.
A Night In With Jacqueline Woodson
28th January 2021 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
This is a live streamed event delivered by Fane Online. For more information, please click here for frequently asked questions.
What will happen when two families from very different social classes are joined together by an unexpected pregnancy?
Longlisted for the Women’s Prize for Fiction, Jacqueline Woodson’s Red At The Bone is a family portrait that transcends the bounds of time. Haunting, profound and moving, this big-hearted novel has been a huge hit with critics and readers alike.
It is the evening of sixteen-year-old Melody’s coming of age ceremony in her grandparents’ Brooklyn brownstone. Watched lovingly by her relatives and friends, making her entrance to the music of Prince, she wears a special custom-made dress. But the event is not without poignancy. Sixteen years earlier, that very dress was measured and sewn for a different wearer, Melody’s mother, for her own ceremony – a celebration that ultimately never took place.
Join Jacqueline, in conversation with The Vanishing Half author Brit Bennett, to mark the paperback publication of this stunning novel. They’ll explore the themes that permeate the story: sexual desire and identity, ambition, gentrification, education, class and status, and the life-altering facts of parenthood. Jacqueline will also discuss the ways in which young people must so often make long-lasting decisions about their lives – even before they have begun to figure out who they are and what they want to be.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an evening with the New York Times bestselling author, to celebrate this poignant tale of choices and their aftermath, history and its legacy.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.