At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
- This Gig has passed.
A Night In With Kiley Reid
26th February 2021 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
This is a live streamed event delivered by Fane Online. For more information, please click here for frequently asked questions.
What happens when you do the right thing for the wrong reason?
When black babysitter Emira is apprehended at a supermarket for ‘kidnapping’ the white child she’s actually babysitting, it sets off an explosive chain of events.
Join the author of the fiction debut of 2020, Kiley Reid, as she discusses her literary sensation Such A Fun Age with journalist and author Yomi Adegoke. Longlisted for the Booker Prize 2020, and with film and TV rights already optioned by Emmy award-winning Lena Waithe, it went straight into the bestseller lists on both sides of the Atlantic following overwhelming critical acclaim.
Now, to celebrate publication of the paperback, Kiley will be in conversation exploring what made Such A Fun Age resonate so sharply with readers across the globe, why the narrative is so relevant to the way we live now, and how moments of conflict can change people’s lives.
With candour, empathy and satirical insight, Kiley will touch on the intersection of money, class and race, the messy dynamics of privilege, and the complicated reality of being a grown-up. Don’t miss the chance to spend an evening with the voice of a generation.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.