At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
- This Gig has passed.
A Night In With Nikesh Shukla
3rd February 2021 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
This is a live streamed event delivered by Fane Online. For more information, please click here for frequently asked questions.
How do you find hope, and even joy, in a world that is racist, sexist and facing climate crisis? How do you prepare your children for it, but also fill them with all the boundlessness and eccentricity that they deserve and that life has to offer?
Spend an evening with Nikesh Shukla as he explores themes of racism, feminism, parenting and our shifting ideas of home to celebrate the publication of BROWN BABY: A Memoir of Race, Family and Home. This heartbreaking, compelling, intensely relatable memoir is a love letter to the author’s late mother – who passed away just before his eldest daughter was born – and to his two young daughters.
Nikesh is an author, screenwriter and one of the most prominent UK voices on diversity and inclusion in the arts. He is also the editor of bestselling essay collection The Good Immigrant. Nikesh will examine growing up in a prejudiced society, how to negotiate race as a parent, and raising the next generation with a sense of joy in an often bleak world.
Don’t miss this generous, heartfelt and unflinchingly honest evening with one of the most prominent UK voices on diversity and inclusion. Special guests to be announced.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.