A Sidecar Named Despair!
September 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£12
A farce by Pat Whymark & Julian Harries
Take a ride up the comedy freeway with a tale of mobsters, missing gems and a mashed-up motorbike.
Dick’s quiet suburban life is shattered when his brother Julian returns suddenly from The States, for “health” reasons. But his shady American “associates” have unfinished business with him, putting both their health at risk. Their dad’s old bike and sidecar, which Dick has been “doing up”, might come in handy as their getaway vehicle!
A black comedy with original music by Pat Whymark & Julian Harries and starring Julian and Dick Mainwaring – reprising the characters they created for Common Ground’s 2013 comedy, Stuff In The Attic (“Pat Whymark’s latest play is very funny indeed” – East Anglian Daily Times; “Good music and plenty of well-judged comic touches” – In Suffolk; “Moments of pure farce alternate with real conflict” – What’s on Stage). Expect “The Odd Couple” versus the Mob!
Common Ground have been bringing their distinctive brand of music theatre – with strong narrative, strong emotion and just a touch of the surreal – to venues across East Anglia, since 2008.
Running time is 2 hours (including interval)
Doors open 7pm, with the performance starting at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £12 (full), £7 (under 21s or unwaged (evidence required))
Available online from our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (booking fee applies) or the Box Office on 01449 774678 (open 10am to 2pm weekdays).
This is a seated event, with seating unallocated but all with a good view.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.