A Winter Union
December 12 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm£15
A Winter Union – Christmastide Shows 2019
“Hugely talented…a stunning festive set” – Folking.com
Now in its 5th year A Winter Union is a festive folk band like no other. From five leading lights of the British Roots scene, expect soaring vocals and exquisite musicianship as the band delight with a repertoire of folk songs from across the yuletide traditions. Glorious wassails, fresh arrangements of traditional carols both well-loved and little-known, and original songs heralding the joys of the season.
After a busy year touring albums in their other respective bands, Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage, Katriona Gilmore and Jamie Roberts (BBC Folk Award nominees Gilmore & Roberts, Emily Askew Band) and Jade Rhiannon (The Willows) are excited to roll out their stunning festive show. These songs are stirred together with such beautiful 5-part harmonies, accompanied by dobro, fiddle, mandolin, dulcimer, guitars a-plenty and a shruti box thrown in for good measure. A Winter Union are touring throughout December 2019.
“Impressive…a folk supergroup” – Northern Sky
“It’s an early Christmas treat and a perfect seasonal music present!” Laurel Canyon
Gilmore & Roberts ***** R2 ‘Hot property’ fRoots
The Willows **** ‘An impressive showcase to match their on-stage prowess’ The Observer
Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage ***** R2 ‘Flawless’ Picks of the month- The Guardian
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.