A Woman of No Importance
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until 9th November 2019
An earnest young American woman, a louche English lord and an innocent young chap join a house party of fin de siècle fools and grotesques. Nearby a woman lives, cradling a long-buried secret. In A Woman of No Importance, Oscar Wilde’s marriage of glittering wit and Ibsenite drama created a vivid new theatrical voice.
A Woman of No Importance was the first production in Classic Spring’s celebrated Wilde season in the West End, and is the first to tour the UK. Directed by Classic Spring’s Artistic Director, Dominic Dromgoole, and starring national treasure, Liza Goddard (Bergerac, Doctor Who, Lady Windermere ’ s Fan ) along with the much-loved Roy Hudd (Broadchurch, Huddlines, When We Are Married), Isla Blair (House of Cards, Johnny English Reborn, Made in Dagenham), Emma Amos (Goodnight Sweetheart, Sweet Bird of Youth) and Katy Stephens (As You Like It, Antony and Cleopatra). This incredible production is sure to provoke laughter and tears wherever it goes.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.