November 2 @ 7:30 pm
ALVORADA are the UK’s leading performers of choro, instrumental music with rich melodies & infectious grooves from Rio de Janeiro. The tight-knit quintet have performed at festivals and venues in the UK and beyond, recently selling out Pizza Express Jazz and Paris International Choro Festival. Alvorada – described as “one of the most exciting bands in London” (Resonance FM)- will be coming to St Peters by the Waterfront to present their much-acclaimed debut album First Light.
Alvorada brings together top musicians from London and Brazil, whose diverse backgrounds – including jazz, classical and Brazilian music – lend the group a unique edge. Individually, they have performed with the likes of Bobby McFerrin, Gilberto Gil, STOMP, Adriano Adewale and more.
Expect to hear playful, lively, expressive melodies combined with infectious rhythms and virtuosic instrumental interaction – everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
Rachel Hayter – flutes
Andrew Woolf – clarinets / sax
Aluá Nascimento – pandeiro
Jeremy Shaverin – cavaquinho
Luiz Morais – 7-string guitar
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.