- This Gig has passed.
January 29 @ 7:30 pm£8
ARGH KiD is an English alternative hip hop band from Manchester, led by the MC/Poet David Scott. With an eclectic approach to hip hop featuring a live musicians to provide a backdrop to life in austerity UK, with all it flaws and lingering beauty.
His first two singles ‘Frank’ and ‘Neighbours‘ were met with critical acclaim and support from industry big hitters such as Chris Evans, Janice Long, John Kennedy to name but a few. Their live shows are a high-octane concoction of breakbeats, outstanding musicianship and a powerful and passionate lyrical outpouring rarely seen on stage these days.
“Quite the Way with Words. Brilliant” – Chris Hawkins, 6 Music
“A Breath of Fresh Air… Brilliant Songwriter” – Janice Long, BBC Radio 2
“Bangers…I love it” – John Kennedy, Radio X
“A Dose of Realism Shot Through With Imagination” – Clash Magazine
“Brilliant Urban Poet. I love it” – Chris Evans
“I love it. The wit, the beat, the realness” – Jack Wood, Radio X
We are excited to be welcoming Argh Kid to the John Peel Centre as part of Independent Venue Week 2020.
Tickets are £6 in advance, available from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). Also available on the door for £8.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.