The winners of Heats 1-5
Special guest headliner:
GABBY RIVERS (winner of BurySOUND 2019)
Established in 1998 by St Edmundsbury Borough Council’s Youth and Community Development Officer Jackie Smith and local promoter Paul Johnson, BurySOUND is one of East Anglia’s best-known and longest-running band competitions, endeavouring each year to discover, nurture and promote up-and-coming musical talent. Many musicians and acts who’ve previously been part of BurySOUND – as competitors or guest headliners – have gone on to achieve great things: alumni include GAFFA TAPE SANDY, BESSIE TURNER, MISS BLACK AMERICA, TUNDRA, SHE MAKES WAR, SAM EAGLE, SUN SCREAM and LEWIS MOKLER (aka HUNTAR).
The winner of BurySOUND 2019, GABBY RIVERS, has since gone on to play several high-profile shows and festivals (including a headline slot at Latitude Festival) and has been heavily championed by BBC Music Introducing in Suffolk.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.