- This Gig has passed.
November 17 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm£15
Ipswich Choral Society will be charting the history of the chorus on stage for their autumn concert on 17 November at Ipswich School. Music Director Robin Walker conducts the choir through a programme incorporating operatic classics with modern show tunes, joined by pianist Daniel Law and special guest soloist Claire Weston.
Prize-winning pianist and Master’s graduate of the University of East Anglia and Royal College of Music, Daniel Law has appeared as a concerto soloist, chamber and theatre musician throughout East Anglia. He regularly collaborates with Colchester Institute and Aldeburgh Young Musicians as well as teaching at a number of schools throughout Essex and Suffolk.
Graduating from the Royal Northern College of Music, award-winning soprano Claire Weston joined English National Opera as Principal Artist in 1999. Stage highlights have included ‘Fiordiligi’ in Cosi fan Tutte, ‘Donna Elvira’ in Don Giovanni, ‘Marcellina’ in The Marriage of Figaro, and as soprano soloist in a staged production of Verdi’s Requiem. Alongside her current solo recital work, Claire is Head of Singing at Woodbridge School and Music Director of the Suffolk Singers.
Starting with Purcell, moving onto Handel and Mozart and through to big Romantic classics by Wagner, Verdi and Bizet the first half of the concert provides highlights from the operatic chorus reportoire. The second half focuses on musical theatre with pieces from the operettas of Gilbert and Sullivan to the choruses from popular musicals such as ‘My Fair Lady’, ‘The Sound of Music’ and ‘Les Misérables’.
Conductor: Robin Walker, ICS Music Director
Piano: Daniel Law
Special guest soloist: Claire Weston
Sunday 17 November 2019, 3pm
Tickets: £15, U16s/students Free
Great School, Ipswich School, Ivry Street, Ipswich, IP1 3QW
Available from Ipswich Choral Society members, ICS Ticket Line: 01473 625208 or online at ipswichchoralsociety.org/events
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.