Chris Dowding + Centre of Clouds
October 20 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
A double-bill of Chris Dowding (solo) and Centre of Clouds (the new collaboration between Chris Dowding and Morris Masada).
Chris’ solo set emerged from writing a series of short poems, which he then translated into musical notes using an alphabet system. The setup features trumpet, looper and laptop synth, with shifting melodies, hypnotic patterns and abstract beats.
Centre of Clouds is a duo using open-tuned acoustic, trumpet and electronics to create tuneful improvisations built up from loops and repeating phrases. The music created is sometimes ambient, sometimes rhythmic and uses variations on melodic ideas. It contains traditional open-tuned fingerpicking and jazz phrasing but is also progressive in terms of searching for new structures and ideas and using electronics and the extended techniques of modern improvisation.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.