November 15 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm£27
A glorious programme of all-time popular classical hits!
Friday 15 November, 7.30pm
Brought to you by the sensational musicians of the Roman River Festival Orchestra, hand-picked from the top international orchestras in London, conducted by Royal Opera House and English National Ballet’s Orlando Jopling. Performing alongside this world-class orchestra will be award winning New Zealand born Somoan soprano Marlena Devoe. Marlena is a graduate of the Wales International Academy of Voice and her amazing vocal talents have been enjoyed by audiences across the globe. Hummable tunes and the cinematic sound of a top orchestra, this promises to be an evening to remember.
Mozart – Figaro Overture
Grieg – Hall of the Mountain King
Tchaikovsky – Nutcracker Suite
Holst – The Planets
Opera Arias – Puccini – O Mio Babbino Caro
This fantastic, one-night-only concert takes place in the Mercury Theatre’s exciting new state-of-the-art, pop-up theatre on Abbey Field in Colchester. romanrivermusic.org.uk
A Roman River Music @ the Mercury series concert
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.