- This Gig has passed.
November 9 @ 7:30 pm
One of the most energetic, exciting and powerful live bands to emerge from the post-rave scene, Dreadzone have steadily been releasing albums and progressively bettering, refining and perfecting their own unique and inimitable take on dub since their inception in 1993. Still going strong after 25 years in the game they have also long been and still are, one of the best live bands around.
In 2019, Dreadzone move forward as a 5 piece, after parting ways with their guitarist after 10 years, and are focusing more on the electronic and dub elements of their stage show – a sound they developed in earlier years of Dreadzone. Their old skool dread sound comes bubbling to the surface on new album ‘Dread Times’ which digs deep into their dub and reggae roots whilst still keeping the beats fresh and the textures electronic.
Dread Times is the band’s 8th studio album and the 3rd release on their own Dubwiser label. The album stormed into the Top 40 UK Official Album Charts on release in 2017 – the first time the band have charted in over 20 years. The album also made the Top 10 in the Indie and Dance Charts.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.