- This Gig has passed.
Electric Eel Shock
November 10 @ 7:00 pm
“Mixing dark fuzzy stoner rock riffs with classic rock sensibilities and addictive song-writing hooks, EES occupy the gaping void somewhere between Queens Of The Stoneage, AC/DC and Black Sabbath.” Kerrang
“You’d have to be the most miserable of metal purists or the ultimate elitist trend follower not to allow yourself to simply enjoy this band…”Classic Rock
“The true triumph of Electric Eel Shock is that they put on a show that can be equally enjoyed by metal’s fanatics and its detractors. This is more than just a rock show – it’s a complete entertainment package.” Metro
Electric Eel Shock are a glorious celebration of Classic Rock, Punk and Metal. A true power trio from the time before rock became fractured into a diverse multitude of sub-genres and we were all still one big happy Rock & Roll family.
“EES are nothing short of awesome” – Brent Hinds (Mastodon)
EES left their native Japan in 1999 to see what they could make of America and they have been on a near constant world tour ever since. EES paid their way by selling merchandise and their self-recorded album “Slayers Bay Blues” at their gigs. Headlining a stage at the prestigious Roskilde Festival in Denmark was a key early event for the band. By 2004 EES had toured 27 countries around the world and they decided it was about time to release an album: “Go Europe!” became the first commercially available EES release and the band performed at 30 European Summer Festivals.
Follow up album “Beat Me” was recorded in Holland early 2005 with legendary producer Attie Bauw (Judas Priest, Scorpions, Bootsy Collins etc). Beat Me achieved much critical acclaim from press and fans alike and EES continued to conquer the international musical scene step by step throughout 2005 and 2006 adding Australia and parts of Asia to their widening travels.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.