At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
8th May 2021 @ 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Fairport Convention has been entertaining music lovers for over half a century. During that time the band that launched British folk-rock has seen many changes. But one thing has remained the same – Fairport’s passion for performance.
This year’s Spring Tour concert will present a mix of long-established Fairport favourites and some surprises from albums old and new including Full House which was released 50 years ago this year. The band skilfully interprets traditional ballads and the repertoire also includes plenty of contemporary compositions. Their latest album ‘Shuffle & Go’ was released in February 2020.
Fairport Convention has won a BBC Lifetime Achievement Award and Radio 2 listeners voted their ground-breaking album Liege & Lief ‘The Most Influential Folk Album of All Time’. Their story has been celebrated with television documentaries on BBC Four and Sky Arts.
The band features founding member Simon Nicol on guitar and vocals, Dave Pegg on bass guitar (celebrating his fiftieth year in Fairport), Ric Sanders on violin, Chris Leslie on fiddle, mandolin and vocals, and Gerry Conway on percussion.
“Stuffing their set with a surprising amount of new material for a vintage act, Fairport are still clearly having fun and brought the house down.” – The Guardian
“Fairport is an institution, a festival, purveyors of memories, and keepers of the folk flame. But most of all they are a brilliant live band.” – Folk & Tumble
Tickets are £25 seated or standing, available from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). Also £25 on the door.
Seating is limited to those who have purchased a seated ticket. Seats are unallocated, though all have a good view.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.