From Gold to Rio
November 8 @ 8:00 pm
The Greatest Hits of Spandau Ballet & Duran Duran
The newest and most exciting show to hit theatreland in many years!
Celebrating the music of Spandau Ballet & Duran Duran, From Gold to Rio will take you on a nostalgic journey back to the New Romantic era which ruled the charts for over a decade. For the very first time the music from two of the UK’s most iconic bands will be celebrated in one power packed show!
With over 20 top 10 hits, the show will feature 2 hours of non-stop, classics including Gold, Rio, True, The Reflex, Through the Barricades, Save A Prayer, Lifeline, Girls on Film, to name a few, guaranteed to leave the audience shouting for more. Performed by a full live band with over 30 years professional experience, this show features excellent vocals, tight harmonies, a powerhouse rhythm section and an infectious sense of fun.
Lee James is widely recognised as the most authentic performer to Tony Hadley, playing across the UK and Europe for over 10 years. Lee has performed with Tony on various occasions, including BBC’s The One Show, and is endorsed by Gary Kemp and Tony himself. Martin Kemp when seeing a picture of Lee on facebook commented “you got it dude!” High praise indeed!! So, if you’re a Duranie, a Spandy, a Wild Boy or a Soul Boy, then this is something you don’t want to miss!
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.