Legendary Manchester band Happy Mondays have announced a marathon twenty-nine date Greatest Hits Tour for October, November and December 2019.The Happy Mondays’ classic line-up of front man Shaun Ryder, Bez (freaky dancing and percussion), Rowetta (vocals), Gary Whelan (drums), Paul Ryder (bass), Mark Day (guitar) and Dan Broad (MD/guitar/keys) will perform timeless hits such as Step On, Kinky Afro, Hallelujah, W.F.L., Loose Fit, Judge Fudge and 24 Hour Party People, amongst many others. The tour begins on 23rd October and ends on 21st December, stopping off along the way London’s Roundhouse on 31st October. Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder said, “’Be great to be back out on the road with Happy Mondays for some pre-Christmas partying!! Looking forward to playing all the hits and more at these shows.” Bezsaid, ‘Really excited and looking forward to the Happy Mondays tour – can’t wait to do some freaky dancing!’ Rowetta added, “I’m really looking forward to this tour, almost 30 years since I first got on stage with the Mondays. The band and the fans are like family to me and I still love singing these songs as much as I did in 1990.” After signing to Tony Wilson’s Factory Records, the late ‘80s saw the Happy Mondays become the pioneers of the Madchester sound, as they blended their love of funk, rock, psychedelia and house with the sounds of the UK’s emerging rave scene. The band’s third album, 1990’s platinum-selling ‘Pills ‘n’ Thrills And Bellyaches’, saw the Happy Mondays crossover into the mainstream and become one of the icons of Britain’s biggest cultural phenomena for a generation. In 2016, the Happy Mondays won the Ivor Novello’s Inspiration Award, further cementing their reputation as one of Britain’s most influential and loved bands.
Happy Mondays support the MealTickets campaign. An Artist and fan collaboration to raise vital funds for Action Against Hunger, a humanitarian charity dedicated to saving the lives of children suffering hunger in areas of extreme crisis across the world.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.