- This Gig has passed.
November 4 @ 7:30 pm
Welsh alternative rock quartet HIMALAYAS return with their first new material for eighteen months, the brand new single, ‘The Masquerade’ to be released on 31st October across all digital formats by CD Baby.
After a year and a half of radio silence for HIMALAYAS raise their game to the highest possible level with ‘The Masquerade’. Having spent the intervening time locked in the studio and tourbus the band have been anything but idle, touring endlessly, playing European Festivals with the likes of The Kaiser Chiefs and The Cure including their most recent outing at Mad Cool Festival, Spain. One listen to ‘The Masquerade’ and it’s clear that frustrations of being in enforced limbo, held dormant in release stalemate have fueled one heck of a bout of intense musical creativity and forceful self expression.
With ‘The Masquerade’ you’ll hear that Joe, James, Louis and Mike have changed, this is without doubt, next level fierce. The track was produced in Wales by Steffan Pringle (Boy Azooga, ESTRONS) and mastered by John Davis (The Killers, Gorillaz, The XX, Led Zeppelin, Noel Gallagher, FKA Twigs, Primal Scream, U2, Lana Del Rey, Royal Blood, Years & Years, Dua Lipa). ‘The Masquerade’ was recorded just before Christmas 2018 in Cardiff. As catchy and melodic as any of their previous singles, ‘The Masquerade’ displays a darkness, a foreboding brooding intensity reminiscent of NIN, Mariyn Manson or QOTSA at their most vicious.
Himalayas are an indie / garage rock band from Cardiff made up of James Goulbourn (drums), Mike Griffiths (Guitar and Vocals), Louis Heaps (Bass) and Joe Williams (Guitar and Vocals). The band create a very cinematic sound and style that is guaranteed to leave audiences in awe. Their heavy guitar lines, dual vocals and huge anthemic hooks hold you captivated. Going from strength to strength and gaining fans across the globe, Himalayas have definitely made their mark on the industry within the three years of being together.
HIMALAYAS formed in Cardiff in 2015 and have released one EP Ecstacy and three singles to date, ‘Thank God I’m Not You’, Sigh On A Hurricane’ and ‘If I Tell You’. HIMALAYAS have been extensively supported by UK national radio and have played SXSW Festival and Reading And Leeds Festivals on the BBC Introducing Stages. Live representation is by Russel Warby at WME. ‘The Masquerade’ is set to be the first of three new singles due to air between August and January. Released the day that Britain leaves the EU and Brexit becomes a dark reality ‘The Masquerade’ is an anti soundtrack to these troubled times: Fortuitous since the song’s meaning is rooted in Brexit and intolerance. Support: Playlisting and spot Plays: BBCR1, BBC Radio 2 Rock Show with Johnnie Walker; BBC Radio Wales, Radio X, Planet Rock, Virgin Radio, Amazing Radio, The Soundlab. Spotify: Over 15 Million streams and inclusion on editorial playlists, New Music Friday, Walk Like A Badass, All New Rock, The Indie List.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.