November 19 @ 7:30 pm
Jamie Lenman is best known as the singer, guitarist and songwriter for underground heroes Reuben, who toured and released relentlessly for most of the noughties. Their combination of brutal riffs, heartfelt melodies and frank, intelligent lyrics, together with their explosive live shows and innovative promo videos won them a hard core of dedicated fans and respect amongst peers and critics alike.
After a string of independent singles, regularly voted top of the MTV2 charts, the band released two albums with Xtra Mile (Frank Turner, Future Of The Left, Against Me!) and joined bands like Biffy Clyro, Fightstar and Billy Talent on tours around the UK and Europe. Upon their return, they founded their own label, Hideous Records, through which they released a live DVD documentary and their third, critically acclaimed album, ‘In Nothing We Trust’.
Eventually, the pressure of being in the band as well as running their own label and working full time jobs became too much, and they called it a day in 2008, releasing a posthumous rarities collection through Xtra Mile in 2009.
In 2011, after over a year without playing any music, Lenman began working on an ambitious double solo album of folk/blues and thrash metal, which was released on Xtra Mile in 2013 to critical acclaim. After a dazzling live tour featuring a three-piece brass section, Lenman returned again to his illustration work and began recording new music with Prodigy and Idles producer Space in his Guildford hideout.
He shortly signed with indie giants Big Scary Monsters and released his sophomore record ‘Devolver’ to widespread praise, following a lengthy and innovative pre-order campaign, and heralded by a sold-out mini festival entitled ‘Lenmania’.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.