November 28 @ 7:30 pm
An Intimate Evening of Songs & Spirits –
A tour is a living, breathing organism. Each one is unique, with its own look, personality and name. The same can be said of songs. They each have their own identity, their own heartbeat. Some push, while others pull. Some are tender, where others are piercing. They all tell their own story and have their own truth. For this tour, we’ve decided to strip everything away, leaving only the song in its most primitive, raw and honest state. We won’t be bringing a band, or electric guitars, or much electricity at all, for that matter. We will bring two voices, a few acoustic instruments and one big, sexy microphone to crowd around while we sing. We’ll be playing some new songs, some old favourites and some that were written by people whom I greatly admire, and you’ll hear all of these songs presented in the manner in which they were written – Unplugged.
We’ve handpicked very intimate rooms for this tour that we believe will fit the aesthetic of the show, and enhance the overall experience for you, the attendee. This does, however, mean that space will be limited, so if you wish to attend, act swiftly and accordingly.
Whisky has fueled the creation and presentation of songs since the very first batch was Distilled long ago. The two have marched arm-in-arm together through the annals of time as friends, as allies, as comrades. Balcones Distilling was established in my hometown of Waco, Texas in 2008. It began in an old welding shop beneath a bridge, and has quickly grown into a world-class, multi-award-winning distillery; offering some of the tastiest and most interesting whiskies on the market today.
We have teamed up to offer you an evening of Texas songs and Texas whisky. Each ticket will gain the purchaser entrance into the show, as well as one free dram of Balcones whisky upon arrival. (For this reason, these shows are all 18+)
A Waco-born songwriter paired with a Waco-born distillery – Unplugged & Distilled.
This tour is different from anything we have done previously, and so we wanted this tour’s face to be something special as well. We are thrilled to have joined forces with the supremely talented Irish artist, Mark Reihill to design the artwork for this tour.
Mark is best known for his work with the famed cocktail bar, The Dead Rabbit in New York City, as well as the award-winning comic book series, ‘Off Girl’. He has also exhibited in official, fully-licensed shows with AMC for The Walking Dead, Fox for American Horror Story and was one of the 50 artists handpicked by CBS to feature in a year-long art exhibition celebrating Star Trek’s 50th anniversary.
In addition to being one of the top visual illustrators in the game, Mark is also a devoted music and whisky lover – it’s a match made in heaven
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.