November 26 @ 7:30 pm
Join the legendary Sir Lenny Henry as he embarks on a brand new UK tour this autumn.
Lenny Henry is one of Britain’s best-known and celebrated comedians, with a career which began with cult stardom on children’s television to including writer, radio DJ, TV presenter, co-founder of Comic Relief and award-winning actor.
In the first half of the evening, Lenny will take the audience through a jam session of funny and sad memories and stories – from growing up in the Black Country, puberty, school, friendship, family secrets and unashamed racism. With his mother’s mantra of ‘H’integration’ echoing in his ears, Lenny will recount setting out on his rollercoaster ride of a career – but at every stage wondering: Am I good enough? Is this what they want?
In part two, Lenny will be interviewed by friend, broadcaster and author Jon Canter, for further insights into his life and career, followed by questions from the audience. Come and enjoy these honest and tender stories, told with a glorious sense of humour and help Lenny figure out ‘Who Am I Again?’
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.