- This Gig has passed.
Les Liaisons Dangereuses
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until 12th October 2019
Paper Lantern Theatre Company, who achieved sell out success with their productions of A Streetcar Named Desire, The Graduate, The Crucible and The Vortex are proud to present Christopher Hampton’s classic, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, based on the scandalous French epistolary novel by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, 1782.
Set in precarious times shortly before the French Revolution, it deliciously documents the cruel games and manipulation of a bored aristocracy. The central characters, The Marquise de Merteuil and the Vicomte de Valmont, two narcissistic rivals (and ex-lovers) use seduction as a vengeful weapon to socially control and exploit others. While these ruthless aristocrats toy with others’ hearts and reputations, their own may prove more fragile than they supposed.
As pioneers of what has been termed ‘Filmic Theatre’, Paper Lantern promises a theatrical feast. Book tickets early to avoid disappointment.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.