- This Gig has passed.
November 20 @ 6:45 pm£32.45
LINDISFARNE emerged from Tyneside in the 1970s and quickly carved out a unique place for themselves as one of British rock’s most original bands. Their pioneering sound, combining acoustic instruments like mandolin and fiddle with their electric blues roots, proved the perfect medium to deliver the catchy, memorable songs provided by the band’s resident writers Alan Hull and Rod Clements. Their first hit, the Clements-penned Meet Me On The Corner, paved the way for their classic Fog On The Tyne to become the UK’s top-selling album of 1972.
LINDISFARNE’s unforgettable songs, powerful live performances and unpretentious style led to worldwide success and an enviable reputation as festival favourites, and the annual Christmas concerts they presented in their native Newcastle became the stuff of legend.
The original band finally called it a day in 2003, but now LINDISFARNE are back with a classic five-piece line up of long-time members fronted by original founder-member Rod Clements (vocals, mandolin, fiddle, slide guitar) and Alan Hull’s son-in-law Dave Hull-Denholm (vocals, guitars). With a repertoire of much-loved songs like Meet Me On The Corner, Fog On The Tyne, Lady Eleanor and Run For Home and a reputation for live performance second to none, LINDISFARNE’s power to galvanise festival and concert audiences remains undimmed and is guaranteed to get the crowd on its feet and singing along.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.