At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
March 6 @ 7:30 am – 10:00 pm
In his new show 50 Things About Us, Mark Thomas combines his trademark mix of storytelling, standup, mischief and really, really well researched material to examine how we have come to inhabit this divided wasteland that some of us call the United Kingdom.
Mark picks through the myths, facts and figures of our national identities to ask who do we think we are?
It is a show about money, history, songs, gongs, wigs, unicorns, guns, bungs, sods of soil and rich f*ckers.
And how we have so much feeling for such a hollow land.
The show is in the vein of The Manifesto [Mark’s book] meets a sweary History channel!
50 Things About Us will also be a podcast, and a book published by September Publishing in February 2020. It will also be an art exhibition… in Liverpool January 2020.
Suitable for ages 16+
Tickets are £17.50 (*£12.50 for under 21s, students, carers who are accompanying the person they support. ID may be required for age/student verification), available in advance from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (open 10am to 2pm weekdays), or online from our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (booking fee applies).
Doors open at 7.30pm, for an 8pm start. There will be an interval.
Please note that this is a seated event, with seating unallocated, though all with a good view.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.