By now, most of the gigs listed here are Virtual Gigs. With the uncertainty surrounding the re-opening of venues, we strongly recommed that you check directly with individual venues if you are interested in attending a physical gig, show or performance.
Martin Stephenson & the Daintees
October 31 @ 7:00 pm£17.50
Salutation Road 30th Anniversary Tour
Martin Stephenson and the Daintees set out on a nationwide tour in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the classic album Salutation Road.
‘Salutation Road’, the 1990 third album from Martin Stephenson & the Daintees celebrates it’s 30th anniversary with a UK tour and the album performed in it’s entirety plus a set of Daintees classics.
Martin Stephenson formed The Daintees in his teens with the deliberate intention of showcasing a broad range of musical styles. Their debut single ‘Roll on Summertime’was issued by Newcastle’s Kitchenware Records in 1982. It became ‘single of the week’ in Sounds Magazine. Successful and critically acclaimed albums ‘Boat to Bolivia’, ‘Gladsome, Humour and Blue’, ‘Salutation Road’ & ‘The Boy’s Heart’ followed over the decade.
Martin Stephenson and the Daintees have performed alongside John Martyn, Aztec Camera, Hothouse Flowers, The Go-Betweens, Del Amitri, Jania Ian, Melissa Etheridge, Indigo Girls and many more.
Released in May 1990, the album, like it’s predecessors, was warmly received by the UK music press:-
‘It’s the sort of heart-warming collection that will leave listeners sighing in contentment’ – Music Week.
‘Given time these Stephensongs will warm you down to the bone marrow’ – Mat Snow, Q, June 1990.
‘”Salutation Road” is the homecoming embrace you’d always hoped awaited you’ – Tim Peacock, Sounds, 2/6/90.
Featuring the anti-Thatcher single Left Us To Burn and Daintees classics Spoke In The Wheel and We Are Storm, the release of Salutation Road was accompanied by some joyous live gigs that still bring back treasured memories for those who attended.
Martin and the band will be performing the album in its entirety and no doubt veering off on delightful tangents before, during and after.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.