November 29 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm£20
The Alarm lead singer and songwriter Mike Peters, will present The Alarm – Hurricane of Change 30th Anniversary Acoustic Tour throughout the UK this coming October / November, including here at the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts on 29th November 2019.
The tour will honour The Alarm’s late 1980’s trilogy of iconic album’s ‘Eye Of The Hurricane’, ‘Electric Folklore’ and ‘Change’, and will feature intimate acoustic readings of some of The Alarm’s most famous songs such as Rain In The Summertime (1987 – International Top 20 Hit), Sold Me Down The River (1989 – Number 1 Rock Song in the USA) and A New South Wales (1990 UK Top 40), alongside a host of Alarm standards as captured on the 1988 live album ‘Electric Folklore’.
30 years ago, as Mike Peters undertook a creative song-writing journey through the heart of his home country – Wales, the Berlin Wall would fall and Europe itself, would plunge into a period of enormous and seismic change. Caught in the middle of this political maelstrom, Mike Peters and the Alarm would record the albums ‘Eye of The Hurricane’ (1987), Electric Folklore (1988), and ‘Change’ (1989) each of which would in their own way, capture the essence of these most turbulent times.
The Hurricane of Change tour will be performed solo with a first set dedicated to ‘Eye Of The Hurricane’ followed by a second performance of ‘Change’ along with a third set featuring songs from The Alarm’s classic live recording ‘Electric Folklore”.
“I have always seen these three albums as an Alarm trilogy”, says Mike Peters. “A lot happened to the band and the world, during the writing and recording sessions from 1987-1990. As one decade bled into another, the themes of response and resolve to contend with uncertain times are running through the core of each and every album. Played together these songs tell their own story and with the tumultuous times Europe can expect to face in the coming months and years, are still as relevant today as when they were first written.”
Mike Peters presents The Alarm – Hurricane Of Change Tour 2019.
Tickets on sale at 10am Friday 8th March.
There is a limited amount of seating for this event (exact position is unallocated, first come first served), with the majority of tickets standing. All tickets are £20 in advance, on sale now, available from the Box Office on 01449 774 678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). On the door price is also £20, though we expect this event to sell out in advance.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.