March 20 @ 7:30 pm£12
Devon based Miranda Sykes, the acclaimed singer and bassist with ‘Show of Hands’ returns again in 2020 with her latest album and UK tour. After a career spanning over 20 years, during which time she has played with many of the top musicians and singers within the folk world, she will be touring solo as she started out: One woman, one bass, and one guitar.
Building on the success of her Borrowed Places tour, Miranda Sykes is back with her latest project: Her album ‘Behind The Wall’
Where Borrowed Places opened a window into the past, explaining where she had been, physically and spiritually, Behind The Wall is a Roller Coaster Ride exploring where we are going; Miranda, you, me, all of us. What does it mean to be human today, living in our communities and societies and where will our actions lead us? Powerful and hard-hitting but also poignant and beautiful, this show is not to be missed.
After the success of the 2019 tour, this is another opportunity to experience the show.
Miranda says “It feels so good singing songs from my album “Behind The Wall”. In these times of division and change, these songs remind me of people’s inherent strength and reason. “
Photo credit to Jolyon Holroyd www.mirandasykes.com
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.