My Kind of Michael
September 18 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pmPay What You Can Afford
‘His ceaselessly buoyant delivery keeps things consistently funny’ ThreeWeeks
‘Irresistible” The Reviews Hub
“Electric, witty, and surprisingly moving” Exeunt
Following his international hit Bubble Schmeisis (“generous and poignant” – The Stage), Nick Cassenbaum is back on tour. This time Nick brings us My Kind of Michael, a heartfelt, passionate and playful tribute to his childhood hero, Michael Barrymore which has dates May – October.
Nick has loved Barrymore ever since his Nanna Sylvie bought him ‘Barrymore’s Best Bites’ on VHS when he was seven. Now Nick invites you to share his love, to examine the turbulent relationship between showman and spectator.
Moving between narrative and a Barrymore style game show, Nick and the audience play TV favourites like ‘Strike It Lucky’ and take part in ‘This is Your Life’. An ever-affable raconteur par excellence, Nick uses his delightfully amiable, charming and warm stage presence, alongside Barrymore’s iconic shticks, to weave his own personal stories with tales of Barrymore’s rise to fame and ultimate downfall. Join in with Nick to celebrate a light entertainment – and working class – variety icon. With live music and gags-a-plenty My Kind of Michael is?, well, Alwight!
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.