My Life Story
November 21 @ 7:30 pm
With a string of top 40 hit singles and albums in the 1990s, My Life Story received huge critical acclaim with their brand of epic, orchestral pop, leading many artists of the Britpop era to feature them on their records. One of our most colourful lyricists, is how Steve Lamaq described charismatic frontman Jake Shillingford, famous for his sharp tongue and even sharper suits.
Now, MLS have become a hugely popular, tight live act on the wave of the 90s revival. Their high-energy set includes singalong favourites 12 Reasons Why I Love Her, Strumpet, Sparkle and The King of Kissingdom. Taking a break from writing film and TV scores, Jake and the band have recently crowd-funded their fourth studio album, the first in nearly two decades, which is due for release on 2nd August 2019.
“Jake Shillingford [took] to the stage like a true star. Part Jagger, part Jarvis, he kicked, star-jumped and fell to the floor in mesmerising fashion. “You’re left with no doubt that My Life Story are one of the decade’s forgotten heroes and asking ‘why were they not massive?’”
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.