November 27 @ 7:30 pm
14s+ (under 18’s to be accompanied by an adult)
“This concert, celebrating the new singles collection Maximum Rock ’N’ Roll, demonstrated just how exciting and varied they have been over the past three and a half decades.” 4* – The Times
The release of Primal Scream’s retrospective ‘Maximum Rock ‘n’ Roll – The Singles’ is a timely reminder of one of British music’s most essential bodies of work. And the band celebrated its release with some triumphant shows that demonstrated that their inventive, high octane rock ‘n’ roll remains as essential as ever.
They recently played two special warm-up shows in London and Brighton, which earned 4* reviews from The Times and The Independent, ahead of incendiary festival sets at All Points East and the Neighbourhood Weekender. The sets have been packed with classics – ‘Movin’ On Up’, ‘Loaded’, ‘Rocks’ and ‘Kill All Hippies’ to name just a few.
Now Primal Scream can confirm details of a full UK and Ireland tour which spans November and December. The dates, listed below, include a London gig at the O2 Forum Kentish Town and culminate with a homecoming show at Glasgow’s Barrowlands:
In addition to the headline tour, Primal Scream’s summer festival schedule includes UK shows at Latitude (July 19th) and Edinburgh Summer Sessions (August 10th).
‘Maximum Rock ‘n’ Rock – The Singles’ charts Primal Scream’s entire singles discography, covering everything from their landmark albums ‘Screamadelica’ and ‘XTRMNTR’ through to 2016’s ‘Where The Light Gets In’ featuring Sky Ferreira. The collection includes the first official reissue of their 1986 cult classic b-side ‘Velocity Girl’, which was launched with a new video featuring footage of the iconic actress and model Edie Sedgwick.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.