- This Gig has passed.
RPO Continental Classics
November 15 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Europe’s rich tradition of orchestral music has produced countless legendary pieces of music that have stood the test of time. Join the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra for an intimate performance of some of the best that this continent has to offer, right on your doorstep.
Mozart’s energetic Overture to The Marriage of Figaro gives a taste of the farcical fun of the opera it introduces, and provides a sparkling curtain-raiser for this concert. Then follows Elgar’s entrancing Serenade for Strings, a gentle, romantic piece that the composer described as his most favourite work.
After the interval, The RPO returns to the stage with the explosive Overture to Rossini’s The Italian Girl in Algiers. Packed with energy, the Overture perfectly showcases the full instrumental colour and spirit that the RPO is known for. Mendelssohn’s buoyant and cheerful Symphony No.4, ‘Italian’ closes this concert with panache and flair; a charming expression of how Italy made him feel.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.