Sam Kelly & The Lost Boys
December 10 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm£14 – £17.50
Sam Kelly … I just love. What a beautiful singer. He has that really rare male voice, that soft-edged tone, you know those beautiful tenor voices of the 30’s and 40’s…it really draws you in. Sam’s absolutely great, he’s going to go places.” Kate Rusby
Having already recorded and produced over 10 acclaimed records, had multiple live sessions and airplay on BBC Radio 2 and 3, and his music regularly featured on Sky Arts and Sky Sports, it’s hard to believe that 24-year-old Cornwall-based folk singer, producer and multi-instrumentalist Sam Kelly has only been performing live for 4 years.
As a child, Sam spent many a night enraptured, listening to his Irish grandfather tell folk tales, sing songs, and play tunes on his melodeon. This awe and passion for Celtic music, coupled with a love for the heavy riffs of classic rock and blues, and a voice described by Mike Harding as ‘one of my favourite voices ever’ has led Sam on to produce some of the most exciting music on the British folk scene in recent years.
With folk luminaries such as Kate Rusby, Seth Lakeman, and Cara Dillon waxing lyrical about Sam’s live set, it seemed fitting when he was awarded the prestigious Horizon Award for emerging artists at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards 2016 at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
Ciaran Algar (fiddle, tenor guitar, bouzouki), Jamie Francis (banjo), Toby Shaer (flutes, pipes, whistles, fiddle, cittern), Graham Coe (cello), Archie Moss (melodeon) and Evan Carson (percussion) joined Sam in the full band line up in 2018. Together, they are Sam Kelly & The Lost Boys.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.