- This Gig has passed.
January 19 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm£18.00
A rare blues treat. Savoy Brown are returning to the UK for 3 days only, and we are honoured that they will be ending UK tour at The Barrel.
Savoy Brown was formed by guitarist Kim Simmonds in 1965. Savoy Brown helped spawn the 1968 UK blues boom. Simmonds has been the group’s guiding hand from the first singles released in 1966 through to the band’s fortieth album, “City Night” released in 2019.
Energetic blues has been the calling card of the band from the beginning. “Blues rock” became the catch-all phrase in the late 1960s to describe the band’s music along with that of contemporaries such as Cream, Fleetwood Mac and Jimi Hendrix.
More than 50 years later, they still remain a progressive blues/rock force. The three-piece lineup includes Kim Simmonds on guitar and vocals, Pat DeSalvo on bass and Garnet Grimm on drums. This trio has established itself as the longest-running lineup in the band’s history, now going strong for more than 10 years.
Opening the show is dangerous slide blues uke demon Robin Evans Esq.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.