- This Gig has passed.
Sherlock Holmes & the Warlock of White Chapel
15th December 2019
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until 17th December 2019
”Who’d be interested in this old relic, Holmes?” murmured Watson, one morning at the breakfast table of 221b Baker Street. “Nonsense, Watson. A splash of cologne and a trim of your moustache, & I’m sure someone would have you”. “Be serious, Holmes. Look here – in the Morning Post!”
Thus began the case that Dr Watson dared not share with the public, till now. A case that, were its full facts to be known, would shake the nation to its very core, and beyond.
Ancient artefacts are disappearing from museums and private collections all over Europe,. A pre-Christian effigy one day, a shamanic totem the next, a pagan fetish at the weekend. Either someone’s on their own personal antiques road trip, or they’re trying to summon dark forces. and gain mystical powers. But to what end…and why?
The ensuing adventure takes Holmes and Watson from the wharfs and alleys of East London, to the icy wastes of the north and the hidden temples of the east (changing at Peterborough), as they pursue “The Warlock of Whitechapel”
Julian Harries and Dick Mainwaring once again don the deerstalker, plus fours and travelling capes of Holmes and Watson, and are joined by Common Ground regulars Joe Leat & Emily Bennett in this classic Xmas comedy thriller.
Common Ground have been bringing their distinctive brand of music theatre – with strong narrative, strong emotion and just a touch of the surreal – to venues across East Anglia, since 2008.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.