South Stour Churches Festival
September 30 @ 7:00 pm - November 1 @ 9:00 pm
A major arts, crafts, music and literary festival in the 15 beautiful churches in the North Hinckford benefice on the Essex side of the River Stour. The event celebrates the range of local talent in the creative arts in our 15 communities. Our diverse programme gives visitors an opportunity not only to enjoy a wide range of creative events but also to explore the beautiful churches set in stunning countryside of the South Stour Valley.
Each parish is hosting at least one event during the month of October with some parishes putting on several. These include art and craft exhibitions, interesting talks, classical and modern concerts, a talent competition, poetry evening, demonstrations of spinning and woodturning.
For times of individual events please see the website – www.southstourchurchesfestival.org
Most events are free to attend (charges may be made for refreshments or workshop materials), although any donations to the individual churches are welcome. Art and craft items will be available to purchase at exhibitions, with a percentage of the sale price going to the church hosting the exhibition.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.