By now, most of the gigs listed here are Virtual Gigs. With the uncertainty surrounding the re-opening of venues, we strongly recommed that you check directly with individual venues if you are interested in attending a physical gig, show or performance.
- This Gig has passed.
April 7 @ 7:30 pm£6 – £18
An inspiring programme of music performed by the talented young musicians of Suffolk Young Strings and Suffolk Youth Wind Orchestra
Suffolk Young Strings Conducted by Rachel Prendergast, Led by Madeleine Rea
Suffolk Youth Wind Orchestra Conductors: Marion Hinds and Ruth Ryan
Tickets cost from £6 to £18, available from The Apex Box Office (booking fee applies):
- online at theapex.co.uk
- by phone 01284 758000 (Monday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm)
- in person from The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk Young Strings is a string orchestra of around 30 players aged 16 and under. Throughout the year, they perform an exciting variety of repertoire, from baroque to contemporary classics.
With financial support from hub partner Orchestras Live, Suffolk Young Strings was immersed in a weekend of intensive coaching in summer 2019 with mentors from the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, learning about authentic Baroque string techniques and even trying out authentic Baroque bows!
Initially formed in the autumn of 1990, the re-formed Suffolk Youth Wind Orchestra performs a wide range of repertoire, from the most taxing symphonic wind orchestra works to jazz, big band, and show music. Following a successful tour of Germany in summer 2019, the Music Service’s annual Gala Concert marked the return of Suffolk Youth Wind Orchestra in September.
Suffolk County Music Service delivers a wide range of options for children and young people of all ages and abilities to participate in music, both in and out of school. The music service is part of the Children and Young People’s Services Directorate of Suffolk County Council, and leader of the Suffolk Music Hub.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.