Stealing Sheep +…
December 5 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm£10 – £13.50
On Stealing Sheep’s album Big Wows…
“For their third album, Liverpool’s Stealing Sheep blow up the pop form to bold, voltaic proportions” – The Quietus
“Big Wows is shot through with Glittery bounce and buzzing synth lines..Three albums in they’ve attained a mastery of their craft that’s a joy to behold” The Skinny
“Stealing Sheep are responsible for some of the most progressive pop songs of the past decade” – London In Stereo
“Sophisticated pop…shimmering, groove-heavy and playfully effervescent” – Classic Pop The Guardian
Big Wows is heaving with the sort of bold neon pop production that’s symbolic of the information overload we like to cram into our brains on a daily basis. Each track is a well- woven mesh of sharp synths, cyber sung vocal harmonies and thumping rave percussion. During the music video to lead single ‘Joking Me’, each member features as their own pixelated avatar in a distinct image of the kind throwaway digital culture Big Wows consistently refers to. Stealing Sheep’s admiration for electronic music pioneer Delia Derbyshire remains apparent throughout. Engineered mainly through sequencing and drum machines, Big Wows humanises each robotic motion giving definite life to the concept of unique computer emotion. Big Wows provides its own relevant input to the conversation of its ever-evolving culture. Loud & Quiet The third album from the British trio features a variety of producers, including Marta Salogni, Andy Smith, Ash Workman, and Joe Wills.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.