Stereo MC’s + Chrome
October 24 @ 8:00 pm
Stereo MC’s formed in mid 80’s, inspired by electronic music and early hip-hop. They pressed up their first 12” vinyl and started an independent record label called G Street Records which released many UK hip hop artists and signed US acts such as Jungle Brothers .
Shortly after Stereo MC’s signed to Island/4th & Broadway records, released their first LP and toured extensively as a live act , garnering a reputation on multi-tours and festivals. Their 3rd LP ‘Connected’, released in 1992, became a worldwide hit and the song ‘Connected’ is widely regarded as a classic. In 2015, growing tired of the major record label bubble, they decided to go back to their roots and embark on a new label project and the label ‘Connected’ was born. The label, born out of their never-faltering love of dance music, first acted as a vehicle for themselves to release new music of their own as well as other artists, encompassing Afro House, Deep House, Techno and all variations of those genres. With distribution through Kompakt Records in Cologne, the label has grown extensively in the last few years and is now on its 40th release.
Apart from still touring as a live band , and with numerous releases (including collaborations with Adam Port, ,Anja Schneider and Terranova amongst others) Rob Birch and Nick Hallam also continue their love of DJing with seminal live sets. An essential part of the Connected label, special Connected club nights are a regular occurrence featuring a variety of acts who release on the label; including David Mayer, Florian Busse, Nandu and Aaaron.
Stereo MC’s are supported by: Chrome
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.